Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Invite your text detectives to bring their magnifying glasses to school to examine the clues in a text and make predictions. They write down three clues and a prediction on the graphic organizer.
20 Views 19 Downloads
- Model how to complete the organizer first, leading your class through making a prediction for a story you are reading together
- Send this home with learners to use when reading independently; you can collect the organizers as a sort of reading log
- The worksheet has three spaces exactly for clues, and sometimes there might not be exactly three clues that lead up to a prediction
- Provides two examples to show how a first grader and a fourth grader completed the graphic organizer
- Could be used with just about any text
- Includes a description of how to use the organizer