Kids note the rhythm of 12 words and then list each word in the appropriate box on a worksheet.
143 Views 105 Downloads
- Follow up the worksheet activity by asking class members to tap out the rhythm of familiar nursery rhymes and songs and then to represent the rhythm with notes
- For music instruction, use the activity as an exercise in whole, half, and quarter notes
- Color-coded notes indicate the duration of each syllable
- Two, three, and four syllable words are included in the list
- Some explanation of musical notation is required but not included