This For Whom the Clock Strikes lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How do the citizens of Polyglot celebrate New Year's Eve? Middle and high schoolers read about the history of the dropping ball on New Year's Eve, as well as the other holidays traditions that have gone by the wayside, before designing a celebration for the fictional island of Polyglot based on their multicultural background.
- Use extension activities as extra credit assignments during the holiday break
- Work with colleagues in other departments to make the interdisciplinary connections listed at the end of the resource
- A creative way to incorporate creativity into a social studies lesson
- Adaptable for multiple grade and reading levels