Is providing aid to foreign countries always beneficial? High schoolers explore the basics of foreign aid and remittance, including the percentage of the United States budget that is allocated to foreign aid, and the ways that nonprofits provide assistance to those in other countries.
- Incorporate into an economics lesson on charities or when discussing US foreign policy in a government class
- Have learners research international charities and find the most reputable and applicable organization to raise money for
- Includes a graphic video of a parasitic guinea worm being extracted from a child's leg
- Comment section is open to the public
- The 34th of 35 videos in the Crash Course Economics series
- Provides a thorough examination of the world of foreign aid
- Concept of remittance might resonate with members of your class