This Forests of Guatemala lesson plan also includes:
With 90 percent of its land area covered in forests, Suriname, a country in South America, contains the largest percentage of forests throughout the world. Here is an activity that brings classmates together to learn about the distribution of forests around the world. They perform a case study on the Maya Biosphere Reserve to determine what caused changes in the forest and the effects of those changes.
- Use as a cross-curricular activity with social studies by including a social studies teacher when planning the activity
- Include in the lesson plan/school year when pupils study Central America
- Materials include overhead transparencies which not everyone has anymore. Scan documents and download to project from computer
- Gives step-by-step instructions to the teacher
- Additional resources includes a slide show about Guatemala