What goes into designing a vehicle? Take a look at a STEM competition where soon to be engineers design and build racing cars. Hear from the engineering scholars on what it takes to be in the competition. The video makes many connections between the competition car and the design of everyday vehicles.
- Use as a hook for an activity or unit on vehicle design
- Modify the criteria used in the formula student competition for a vehicle design class competition
- The video is produced in the UK, so some spelling might be unfamiliar to an American class
- The video starts with young kids, which is an attention grabber
- The resource highlights both male and female future engineers
- The closed captioning is not accurate