Take the bewilderment out of basic formula writing! Young organic chemists explore the various ways of writing chemical formulas in an animated video. The narrator explains the process of writing formulas in displayed, empirical, molecular, and structural forms.
- Use the embedded pauses to give learners a chance to practice new skills
- Encourage neat drawing and proper subscript placement in these early days of organic chemistry to strengthen students' skills
- A brief review of hydrocarbons and organic molecules before watching the video would help individuals when viewing the video
- The narrator explains each type of formula clearly and provides many examples
- Animated molecules and formulas allow viewers to compare the types side by side as they learn to write them