Strange fact—most dollar bills have a trace of cocaine! Chemists can tell us many interesting facts about money. Science makes counterfeiting an almost impossible process. An installment of the ACS Reaction series explains these scientific connections.
- While watching the video, have pupils record 10 interesting chemistry facts about money
- Record scientific vocabulary on the board when the video mentions them; use the words to lead a class discussion
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making the video available for independent viewing
- Uses a real-life example familiar to all
- An interesting presentation holds viewers' attention