What insights do rifles offer about French military strategy during World War I? Watch an interesting video to find out! The resource uses primary source images and videos, as well as descriptions from an expert in relating to the French rifle and its military strategy. Includes everything from France's lack of interest in technology at the beginning of the war to how they reacted to technology once the war started.
- Assign pupils to write an essay relating what they learn in the video to later events in World War I
- Part of the Technology and Warfare in World War I series
- Includes some sensitive topics; use discretion
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Well-researched information and many interesting facts keep content fresh and informative
- Builds media literacy skills