Why is it easier to move a heavy object once you initially begin? Help your class explore the differences and similarities between static and kinetic friction as they view the informative video segment about motion. They learn about each type of motion and what makes them unique.
- Divide the class into groups and have them present a short skit demonstrating the difference between static and kinetic friction
- Research other video segments that demonstrate friction and show these to the class as part of this unit
- Assist ESL/ELL learners with problems at the end of this unit or with any needs that may arise as a result of language barriers
- Provides the ability to modify or expand on the subject material if needed
- Includes multiple examples to help students relate variable types of friction with real-life scenarios so they may fully understand the concepts