What goes into a friendship salad? Kids find out as they create a fruit salad made of all the important parts of a successful classroom (helpers, listeners, hard workers, sharing, and encouraging words). Don't let that rotten banana in, though!
30 Views 24 Downloads
- When adding the marshmallows, ask kids to think up other encouraging things they could say to one another
- Ask kids what they think the rotten banana stands for, instead of telling them, since by the time you put it in they will have gotten the hang of it
- This will be a sticky activity—consider doing it outside at a picnic table
- Provides a visual (and tasty) demonstration of how different strengths create harmony in the classroom
- Can be used as a reference for various character strengths (good job being a pineapple today!)