What does it take to support a friendship? Youngsters complete a group activity using yarn and balloons to demonstrate qualities of a good friend, and their importance in a strong friendship.
10 Views 12 Downloads
- Brainstorm qualities of a good friend as a class before starting this activity to help kids understand what types of words they should think of
- You may need to blow up the balloons first, depending on the age of learners
- The optional take-home slip text is specific to a program, and likely won't make sense for your group
- Assign a recorder for each group to write down all the qualities that group comes up with so that you can share them afterward (also good for differentiation if you know of a student who needs a physical adaptation)
- Easy activity that will generate lots of discussion