This From the Dark, Damp Places lesson plan also includes:
Mosses and liverworts do not have any vascular tissue, unlike other plants. Young scientists learn more about these rootless plants through hands-on dissection and research on their life cycles as they get their hands dirty for a fun science lesson!
- Extend the lesson by having pupils making wet mount slides of the samples
- Lesson is intended for a botany or phylogenic class, as the material is too high level for a biology class
- Requires collecting moss or liverwort in nature, so the lesson works best in the early fall
- Great for advanced learners
- Incorporates multiple learning styles
- Follows a 5E format