This Fungus Among Us activity & project also includes:
In order to learn that mold spores can be found in the air, observers grow bread mold and make observations for a few days. Afterward, they participate in a class discussion to arrive at the knowledge that bread spores are present in the air. This thoughtful lesson plan is part of a unit on air and contains variations, cross-curricular components, detailed background information, and plenty of other resources to make it a well-rounded lesson!
- In the accompanying literature piece, one of the characters is relatable in that she is allergic to mold
- Safety precautions are stated
- Cross-curricular worksheets add math and language arts to the science topic
- Well-written teacher's guide leaves you prepared
- Be aware of allergies; it is common to have sensitivity to mold spores