Ever wonder how scientists determine how animals are related, or who is guilty of a crime? Discover gel electrophoresis in an easy-to-understand video from a fun biology playlist. Topics include how restriction enzymes create segments of DNA, how electrophoresis plates are set up, and DNA ladders.
- Show the video before learners perform an electrophoresis lab for the first time
- Expand on the resource's mention of restriction enzymes with a fun activity
- Some basic understanding of the DNA molecule is helpful for following the video
- Provides a great introduction to gel electrophoresis for younger viewers
- Content includes many uses of gel electrophoresis, which could lead to some great extensions