Doctors sometimes order a karyotype, a picture of the chromosomes present in a single cell, in order to check for chromosomal abnormalities or rare diseases. The video explains the relationship among genes, chromosomes, and karyotypes. It covers the difference between allosomes and autosomes as well.
- Expand on the concept of allosomes, mentioning the other combinations such as xxy, xxyy, and xyy, for example
- Discuss why the autosomes are sorted into the table in such a unique way
- Relies on prior knowledge of DNA and protein synthesis
- Highlights vocabulary throughout
- Short length doesn't require much class time