This Genetic Disease: Putting DNA to Work activity & project also includes:
Scientific knowledge of genetic information has grown quickly over the last decade. An interactive lesson has learners research the role of science and medicine in diagnosing and treating genetic disorders. They consider the job of the genetic scientist, epidemiologist, and genetic counselor to name a few.
- Create small groups, have each member research a different section, and share information with the group
- Have each group research a different genetic disorder to present to the class after completing the Webquest
- Provide individuals with internet-enabled devices to access the interactive Webquest materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a rubric to assist with scoring
- Includes alternative activities that can serve as extensions to the lesson