An informative video begins with 14 vocabulary words related to genetics, allowing scholars to think about their definitions before the instructor reviews a few tricky definitions. Individuals then learn about Gregor Mendel's research, explore a monohybrid cross through a Punnett square for the first time, and work through some genetic questions related to vocabulary.
- As vocabulary words flash on the screen, pause video and ask classmates for definitions; allow time for them to take notes and discuss
- Pause video after sample problem questions so learners can answer them
- Resource requires a computer, Internet access, and a projection system
- Show this video before any others in the series of 31, as it sets the foundation for rest of the videos that also discuss Mendelian genetics
- Video 12 in a series of 31
- Review of vocabulary in the beginning is a great way to start teaching the material
- You will find a number of sample problems beginning at 6:00 until the end of the video