This Genetics in Harry Potter’s World Lesson 2 presentation also includes:
Can we find the phenotypes and genotypes of magical ability for the characters in Harry Potter? Of course, but first we need to understand incomplete or blended dominance, co-dominance, multiple alleles, and regulatory genes. This presentation offers guided practice in each of these concepts before solving for complex traits.
- Print out worksheets so scholars can take notes and work along with the presentation
- Assumes knowledge of Harry Potter movies
- Prior knowledge of basic Punnett squares is required
- The third in a series of three presentations covering dominant and recessive traits
- Applies genetics to a high interest topic
- Topics are usually confusing to students, but this presentation makes them clear and understandable