This Genocide in Darfur: Darfur Eyewitness Teacher Guide lesson plan also includes:
The events of the Holocaust in World War II would never happen again, right? Scholars research the current genocide taking place in Darfur. Using video and Holocaust Reading Passages, they analyze the horror of this forgotten part of the world. To finish, they take what they learned and write a letter to acquaintances to encourage others to take action for the people of Darfur.
- Lesson designed to be part of bigger unit on the Holocaust
- Split the class into teams to read one of the articles and have them present their findings
- Lesson designed for one class period; keep pacing in mind
- Resource includes printable worksheet for use during video
- Audio and visual learners benefit from video clip on Darfur