Where in the world can you find a $26 sandwich? That's not uncommon in the oil-rich country of Angola, where many goods must be imported and are expensive. The West African nation is enjoying a resurgence since a brutal Cold War era civil war. A video profile unpacks the history and geography of the coastal country on the comeback.
- Use the video to discuss the role of oil in international relations or the legacy of the Cold War in Africa
- Fifth video of the Countries A-Z series
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Engaging narrator and graphics intrigue learners
- Concisely covers the complicated history
- Narrator often looks off camera to read prompts