Spanish speaking Africans? Viewers learn the answer as they explore Equatorial Guinea, a former Spanish colony, using an engaging and informative video. Despite its name, the nation is not actually on the equator. It is, however, home to volcanoes and oil. The resource also explores its lush biodiversity and the bling of its geological resources.
- Show the video to stimulate discussion of how oil can influence a country's future
- As part of an extensive Countries A-Z series, the video is the 54th installment
- Some video is crude and may be considered inappropriate
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Maps and pictures are visually stimulating
- Resource short but thorough, making it easy to adapt to a variety of lesson plans