While some consider it a rather obscure African country, looking closely reveals Gabon is a fascinating African state. It's home to the world's highest concentration of gorillas, thousands of caves, and even surfing hippos. A video profile of the oil-rich state shows the overlooked—and intriguing—aspects of the French-speaking country.
- Offer this and other videos in the series to compare and contrast how the discovery of oil affects the development of a country
- Part 62 of a comprehensive Countries A-Z video series
- Some humor may be inappropriate for various classroom settings
- Interesting pictures and graphics hold viewer interest
- Humor keeps pupils engaged for the video's entirety
- Film quality is poor and dim