Germany may have a slew of stereotypes associated with it, but there is more to the economic powerhouse than meets the eye. Not only is it home to more tornadoes than any other European country, but its people also serve more than 300 kinds of bread, consume 50 kinds of sausages, and speak a variety of dialects. A video resource profiles the complex country, including its complicated past.
- Offer video as a resource for a discussion on how Germany has reconciled itself to the Holocaust
- Part of a larger playlist, the video is number 65 in the Countries A-Z series
- Jokes about alcohol consumption may be inappropriate for some classroom settings
- Video offers a concise history of Germany in a way that is adaptable to a variety of lessons
- Maps and graphics demonstrate geographical concepts
- Ad interrupts streaming