Ghana is located in a region once known as the Gold Coast, thanks to the bounty of metal. Now, it is an economic powerhouse. The country transitioned from colonialism to independence first among its peers, and it kept much of its indigenous culture. A video resource showcases the interesting West African country.
- Use the video to stimulate discussion of the legacy of colonialism in Africa
- Offer as research for a countries of Africa profile project
- Number 66 in the Countries A-Z playlist
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Covers history often neglected in regular curricula
- Graphics and maps demonstrate geographical concepts
- Ad interrupts streaming