Libya is an African country, but it is home to Italian-influenced Arab people. The complex state has been at the heart of some controversies, including dictator Muammar Gaddafi. A video resource profiles the ancient history of the modern state so often in the news.
- Use the video as a resource to stimulate a discussion on colonialism
- Video is the 100th of the comprehensive Countries A-Z series
- References to sex and alcohol may make this resource inappropriate for some viewers
- Uses graphics and maps to better illustrate geographical concepts
- Resource is concise but thorough enough for a variety of uses