The Marshall Islands are best known as the site of the United States' largest atmospheric nuclear test. However, the country—composed of atoll islands—has its own culture and history apart from the Americans'. A video resource highlights the independent nation's maritime past and peoples.
- Use the video to stimulate a discussion of American imperialism
- Offer the resource as research for a countries project
- Slotted as number 111 of the comprehensive Countries A-Z series
- Video is short enough to adapt to a variety of classroom uses
- Engaging maps and graphics illustrate geographical concepts
- Ad interrupts streaming twice