Niger was created by the arbitrary boundaries set by French colonialism. The interesting country is home to one of the fastest-growing populations in the world, and its people are seeking to carve their identity out of the desert. A video resource examines the African country's resources, including mineral deposits, as well as challenges, such as desertification.
- Use the video to inform a discussion of the legacies of colonialism in Africa
- References to sex may make the resource inappropriate for some pupils
- Video is part of extensive Countries A-Z geography playlist
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Video showcases a variety of issues facing the African nation, making it useful for a variety of lesson plans
- Maps and graphics illustrate geographical concepts
- Ad interrupts video streaming