Oman is considered a traditional Arabian country, but it links the Persian Gulf nation to the rest of the world. An insightful video resource shows how Oman has maintained its traditional cultural roots, all while maintaining relationships with Israel, Iran, and its Arab neighbors. During the video, pupils see visually stunning pictures of Oman's people and geography—including quicksand!
- Offer the video with others in the series to compare the cultures of Arab countries
- Use the video as background on the East African slave trade and cultural diffusion
- Video is one part of an extensive country profile playlist
- Video offers a thorough overview but is short enough to incorporate into a variety of lesson plans
- Hosts are funny and engaging for young students
- An advertisement stops the video