What's in a name? Ask the people of the Republic of Macedonia, and they will say "Plenty!" The former Yugoslav territory claims Alexander the Great as its own—despite Greek objections. An engaging video explores the complex history of the small Balkan state that has fought with Greece over the years regarding its heritage.
- Offer the video to prompt a discussion of national identity or heritage
- Video is the 59th of the Countries A-Z series
- Some viewers may not appreciate the humor
- Skits and graphics demonstrate complex political and geographical concepts
- Photos are stimulating and intriguing
- Video is interrupted by an ad