This Geometric Sequences and Exponential Growth and Decay lesson plan also includes:
Connect geometric sequences to exponential functions. The 26th installment of a 35-part module has scholars model situations using geometric sequences. Writing recursive and explicit formulas allow scholars to solve problems in context.
1 Collection 16 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have the class create a graphic organizer summarizing how to find recursive and explicit formulas for sequences
- Learners should have prior experience with both arithmetic and geometric sequences
- Note that a major difference in the treatment of geometric sequences in Algebra II (compared to Algebra I) is that the indices start at zero
- Lesson reviews concepts before diving into more complex problems
- Teacher guide contains a comprehensive answer key for all problems