This Geometry in Architecture #1 lesson plan also includes:
Discover how to analyze architecture from a geometric standpoint. The fourth installment of an 11-part unit on architecture first provides a presentation on axis, balance, basic form, formal, pattern, proportion, symmetry, and tripartite structure of buildings. Pupils recognize these attributes in pictures of famous buildings and identify shapes in their facades.
- Collaborate with the math department
- Lesson builds on information on technical drawing from previous lessons
- It is helpful if learners have knowledge of two-dimensional and three-dimensional geometric figures and solids
- Includes definitions for relevant vocabulary terms
- Provides an extension/enrichment activity