Does the lens of history portray George Washington as a good leader? A three-lesson unit looks at Washington's early military career as the commander of the Virginia Regiment, his role in the fight for independence from England, and his leadership as the first president of the United States.
- Have class members investigate the writings of Benjamin Franklin Bache and other critics of Washington
- Create an interdisciplinary unit between social studies and language arts
- Participants should have experience analyzing primary source materials
- The resource includes a brief plan, links to all required primary source documents, and suggestions for culminating activities
- No rubrics are included for the various assessment activities