This Give It All You’ve Got!: English Language Development Lessons (Theme 2) unit also includes:
Go beyond the textbook to gain a better appreciation for the English language. A series of ESL lessons help expand the concepts found in Theme 2: Give It All You've Got. The second lesson in a three-part unit incorporates strategies such as word study, poetry, and even pantomime to clarify details in the text.
- Pull readers for individualized instruction while the whole class works on an activity related to the text
- Scaffold questioning by posing questions to the whole class, calling on lower-level learners to answer easier questions
- Set up the classroom as a theater in advance to help pique interest in the theater activity before it begins
- Includes a key skill objective and academic language to accompany each activity
- Scaffolds questioning for different levels of language learners
- References CD-ROM and audio CD to enhance some of the lessons