Why Lesson Planet?
The greenhouse effect and its relationship to global warming is the focus of an activity that asks class member to consider the effects of climate change on weather. Pupils work with their families to determine their carbon footprints and discuss ways they may be able to lower their impact.
- Have the pupils fill out the Carbon Footprint worksheet as homework so calculations can occur the day of the lesson
- Research both sides of the global warming debate
- Review the lesson extension website to decide if you want to include some of the activities or information in your lesson
- The 11th part in a 12-part series
- The resource provides several levels of assessments
- Includes the vocabulary and definitions needed for instruction
- Directions for teachers are not clear
- Carbon Footprint (PDF)
- Carbon Footprint (DOC)