This Global Warming in a Jar lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
This well-organized lab activity introduces earth science pupils to the greenhouse effect. They will set up two experiments to monitor temperatures in an open jar, a closed jar, and a closed jar containing water. Ideally, you would have small groups perform their own tests, but if you do not have enough jars with lids, they can be done as a whole-class demonstration. A full-page data table, empty graphs, and analysis questions are all provided to help learners process the data. The activity would make a nice starting point for a unit that addresses global warming and climate change.
- Detailed and visually appealing lab sheet
- A sleek handout that includes diagrams, a clear procedure, neat data tables, and graphs to complete
- Teacher's notes provide helpful tips, extension ideas, and additional informational websites
- A sound activity for demonstrating how the greenhouse effect occurs