Glue Sticks Bend and Twist
Stick this resource in the "Use" column. In the second installment of a six-part series, learners use glue sticks to demonstrate forces. Using glue sticks, instructors can demonstrate tension, compression, and torsion.
25 Views 25 Downloads
- Divide the class into groups for the activity
- Builds on knowledge of forces from previous lesson
- Activity requires glue sticks (the type used in glue guns) and markers
- Resource includes several options for assessment
- Teacher guide contains detailed steps for procedure
- Instructors will need to modify teacher resource to create a handout
Included Materials - Join to Access
Earthquake Education Curriculum
In case of earthquake, go to a safe place before posting on social media. The unit includes 12 lessons, most with hands-on activities or experiments. The first six lessons cover the physical process of earthquakes and volcanoes. Lessons...
6th - 12th Science CCSS: Adaptable
Fairly Fundamental Facts About Forces and Structures
Don't twist and turn looking for a resource. The first installment of a six-part series teaches young engineers about the five fundamental forces of compression, tension, shear, bending, and torsion. These forces help explain different...
6th - 8th Science