Use this multidisciplinary lesson to delve into these subjects: English language arts, math, science, drama, and character education. After reading, discussing, and making interpretations about Go To Sleep, Gecko!: A Balinese Folktale by Margaret Read MacDonald, scholars will take part in activities such as role playing new endings of the story, examining character traits, identifying even and odd numbers, exploring food chains and the interconnectedness of animals. They also research weather conditions in Bali and compare it to their own state's weather.
- Create a food chain display with pictures of the animals listed in the lesson connected by yarn or string
- Use extension activities as small group projects and practice or center lessons
- The literature listed is not included; download or visit your school or local library to obtain the material needed
- Classroom and craft supplies are required
- Follow-up and extension activities include Internet searches, reading, ecology research, and crafts
- This resource provides detailed directions and ample background knowledge needed for a successful lesson delivery