This Go with the Flow lesson plan also includes:
How does nature's hierarchy relate to our local human environment? Answer this question, along with others, as the class visually depicts the natural hierarchy provided by nature. Pupils discuss each piece of the pyramid and its energy requirements as they construct a finished product to represent the natural order of our world.
- Form groups and allow them to create an energy pyramid for another ecosystem to lead a complete discussion
- Read picture books to elementary students about nature and allow the younger students to identify and illustrate the food chains present in the story
- Use different colors (yarn string and balls) to represent herbivores, carnivores, etc., while performing the activities described
- This is the second lesson in a series of 16 ecosystem resources
- Multiple adaptations allow you to use this with several classes during the same year while avoiding a repetitive activity
- Recyclable items are used, which is a positive aspect for the activity and the environment overall