This Golf Balls in Water activities & project also includes:
Here's a resource that models rising water levels with a linear function. The task contains three parts about the level of water in a cylinder in relationship to the number of golf balls placed in it. Class members analyze the data and interpret the parameters in the equations of a line to determine the equation of the linear function that models the situation.
- Project the individual parts of the resource as a warm-up activity
- Resource is designed to simulate PARCC interactive assessment questions
- Pupils should be familiar with creating linear functions to model a scenario
- The interactive section displays whether the answers are correct after individuals submit them
- Includes a variety of interactive items