This Gorongosa: Scientific Inquiry and Data Analysis activities & project also includes:
How does the scientific process begin? Introduce ecology scholars to scientific inquiry through an insightful, data-driven lesson. Partners examine data from an ongoing research study to determine the questions it answers. The resource includes tips for using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to help with statistical analysis.
- Plan the lesson after the Making Observations activity to build science skills
- Have early finishers use the available data to generate more questions
- Consider assigning parts of an ecological relationships activity as a refresher course to prepare for this lesson
- Each working group needs access to the Internet and Microsoft Excel
- The activity is highly differentiated, making it a great choice for less-experienced young scientists
- Materials in the teacher's guide include student worksheets, related resource links, and an answer key