This Got Lactase? The Co-Evolution of Genes and Culture video also includes:
Only one-third of human adults can digest milk. If you're one of the lucky few, you have gene-culture co-evolution to thank. Scholars watch a video to learn how the enzyme lactase is necessary to break down lactose in milk. The gene mutation allowing human adults to produce lactase arose at the same time humans began domesticating animals—hence, gene-culture co-evolution.
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the lesson
- Learners should have knowledge of genes and DNA
- Pupils also need to be familiar with isotopes
- Includes review questions at various points in the video
- Informative and interesting resource