Does a problem only have one solution? This is the driving question of a video that allows pupils to discover that there is more than one way to solve a problem. A demonstration examines the checklist engineers go through to find the most successful solution.
- Flip the classroom, assigning members to view at home, saving class time for discussion and application of knowledge
- Brainstorm other possible solutions, and take them through the checklist to solve the hypothetical problem presented in the video
- Remind viewers to keep safe by not trying any of the stunts mentioned in the video
- The fifth in a series of 17 videos about engineering; to view the rest, follow the links on the channel
- Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards
- Episode is highly engaging with interesting graphics, cartoon images, sound effects, and youth-oriented jokes
- The host speaks quickly which may be a challenge for learners that are taking notes or answering questions