This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 2, Lesson 4 lesson plan also includes:
Can a life gone wrong be blamed on a single childhood incident? Hundert, the narrator of "The Palace Thief," as well as readers, struggle with this question as they ponder events in Ethan Canin's story.
12 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Ask a class member to prepare a masterful reading of the portion of the story under consideration
- The fourth in an 13-lesson unit that uses Ethan Canin’s short story “The Palace Thief” as an anchor text
- Some readers may need additional support to keep up with their Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment
- The 12-page packet includes a list of the standards the resource addresses, the plan, discussion questions and suggested responses, the Quick Write prompt, and a homework assignment
- All the lessons in the unit follow the same routine