This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 2, Lesson 5 lesson plan also includes:
Readers of "The Palace Thief" focus on how the author's descriptions and his word choices reveal the character of the narrator, of Sedgewick, and of the senator.
1 Collection 18 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Ask a class member to prepare a masterful reading of the portion of the story under study
- The fifth in an 13-lesson unit that uses Ethan Canin’s short story “The Palace Thief” as an anchor text
- Some readers may need additional support to keep up with their Accountable Independent Reading (AIR) assignment
- The 11-page resource includes a list of the Common Core standards addressed by the lesson, the plan, a vocabulary list, discussion questions with suggested responses, a Quick Write prompt, and a homework assignment
- Some class members may be challenged by the sameness in the format of all the lessons in the three-unit module