This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 11 lesson plan also includes:
Football fans and ready readers will enjoy a lesson plan based on H.G Bissinger's Friday Night Lights. Focusing on chapter 4, the lesson plan encourages tenth graders to examine Mike's character development as it relates to the season opener, and how it helps to establish his point of view.
- Encourage young writers to complete a journal entry about how sports has affected their lives, or how another hobby or interest informs their personality
- Assign the whole novel to advanced or older readers
- The lesson is the eleventh out of a 14-part series that focuses on literary development
- Includes the preface and fourth chapter of the novel as the primary focus of the lesson
- The excerpt is engaging and applicable to the lives of teenagers
- Provides a graphic organizer for collecting relevant quotes