This Grade 10 ELA Module 1: Unit 3, Lesson 13 lesson plan also includes:
A parent's influence on a child is one of the most formative factors in a developing life. Discuss the importance of the parental relationships in both Amy Tan's The Joy Luck Club and H.G. Bissinger's Friday Night Lights with a written assessment. As tenth graders gather their textual evidence and notes from the previous lessons in the unit, they compile their brainstorming to prepare for the final assessment in activity 14.
- Lesson draws from reading and brainstorming in the previous twelve lessons
- Though instruction only prompts learners to read an excerpt of the books, advanced or older readers may enjoy reading the entire novels for reference
- The 13th part of a 14-lesson unit
- Writing prompt and reading materials appeal to teenagers' perspectives
- Includes reading passage and all necessary materials
- Provides a glossary of football terms for uninitiated sports fans