This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 1, Lesson 13 lesson plan also includes:
Freedom is not free. Scholars write to a prompt analyzing two pieces of work that develop ideas about freedom. Readers compare “Freedom” by Rabindranath Tagore and "Letter from Birmingham Jail" by Martin Luther King Jr. Learners work together to discuss facts they discovered about Tagore, share answers to questions with the class, and carry out a writing activity.
- Discuss freedom in other situations, such as America's freedom from England
- Number 13 of 20 in the series Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 1
- Must use the lessons in order
- Includes guidance for scoring responses
- Gives percentages of time to spend on each activity to guide the lesson