This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2, Lesson 2 lesson plan also includes:
What is a megalomaniac? Scholars discover the word's meaning as they read and analyze paragraphs seven and eight from Julia Alvarez's essay "A Genetics of Justice." They also read Mark Memmott's article "Remembering to Never Forget" and engage in an evidence-based discussion about both texts. Finally, pupils complete a brief writing activity to describe how the authors use details to support their claims.
- Allow partners to peer edit each other's quick write assignments
- Lesson two of 10 from the Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2 series
- Builds upon a previous lesson
- Does not include a copy of the required reading
- Provides specific examples to show what a high-performance writing response should include
- Lesson plan includes helpful symbols to denote student actions, teacher actions, and instructional notes