This Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2, Lesson 3 lesson plan also includes:
Does trauma have a lasting effect on people's lives? Scholars dive into the topic as they read paragraphs 9–11 of "A Genetics of Justice" by Julia Alvarez, in which the author describes her family's return to the Dominican Republic. Pupils work in small groups to discuss the text. They also complete a short writing activity to analyze how Alvarez develops her main idea.
- Invite individuals to share their quick write responses in small groups
- Serves as the third of 10 lessons from the Grade 10 ELA Module 2: Unit 2 series
- Expects teachers to implement the lessons in order
- Does not include a copy of the essay
- Provides differentiation ideas for struggling learners
- Includes a worksheet to help students track central ideas from the text